Posted by indy on April 20th, 2012
Only seven weeks to go until Robert E. Howard Days 2012 in beautiful Cross Plains, Texas. There’s still plenty of time to send in your pre-registration and make plans to attend to best two days in Howard fandom. If you check the REH DAYS 2012 page (tab at the top), you’ll find a few revisions for your attendance pleasure. Here’s a partial list.
1. The Friday night Celebration Banquet has been moved to the Baptist Church Family Life Center, which is one block north of the Library. There’s three times as much space there, so Project Pride won’t be limited to a certain amount of seats. (But please pre-register so they know how many are coming!) Dinner is chicken-fried steak with all the fixin’s!
2. The Howard House and Museum will be open on Thursday June 7th from 2-4 pm. No docents will be on duty, but you may take a tour and stop in the Gift Shop! This will get you early access to the new REH Museum t-shirt, among other great REH gifts!
3. There WILL be a panel at 9:00 pm on Friday night after the Banquet/Silent Auction/REH Foundation Awards at the church. FISTS AT THE ICE HOUSE will be presented by REH boxing experts Mark Finn and Chris Gruber with assistance from Jeff Shanks. This will take place AT the old Ice House on Main Street (well, on the empty concrete slab behind it). Bring your flashlights. We’re trying something new this year – and yes, we have permission…
4. There will again be some extemporaneous REH (only) poetry reading under the street light in the back yard of the House on Friday night. We’re calling it REH Streetlamp Poetry.
5. PLEASE donate REH items to the Silent Auction. You can send them to: Project Pride, POB 534, Cross Plains, TX 76443, or bring them to the Howard House by 3 pm Friday afternoon during Howard Days.
Hope to see both familiar and new faces under the wonderful Texas sky in a few more weeks. It’s like a big family reunion of Howard fans, so y’all come.
Any questions: e-mail “Indy” Bill Cavalier at email@example.com.
Posted in REH Days |